Remember when Ghost and Rae called out Biggie Smalls for bitin’ Nas’ album cover? Raekwon sat down with the Urban Daily and cleared all that up. Rae let the world know that it wasn’t that serious. Big looked him in the eye and let him know that it wasn’t a problem on his side either. This meeting happened in a club just a few days prior to Big’s death. Read the source article here.
“Get Your Buzz Up” big 2 day event
On Day One, 30 artists will perform one song, in hopes to take home a prize package which includes an all expense paid trip to Miami to meet with 2 A&R’s at major labels (Nappy Boy and Slip -N-Slide Records), perform that same night in Miami , get placement on 100 mixtapes with Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes, complete 12 site interviews for various blogs and sites, get a high quality professional photo shoot, a professional HD Music Video, and more.
On Day Two, Come out and meet some of the top industry’s movers and shakers from A&R’s, Platinum Producers to Media entities that you can legitimately start to build relationships with. Come prepared with your professional press kits, USB drives, as well as a notebook and pen to take notes on how to succeed in the modern music industry.
The 5 finalists announced at Day 1’s end will come back Day 2 and perform 2 songs, at nights end 1 act will be crowned winner and receive the prize package.
Prize Package for Winning Artist Includes:
* Hotel and Airfare for 2 nights in Miami in May 2011
* Live 2 song Performance at Miami “Get Your Buzz Up” Industry Experience
* 2 A&R Meetings in Miami w/ Slip-N-Slide and Nappy Boy Records
* 2 A&R Meetings in NYC (Sony Records and another TBA)
* Professional Photo Shoot in NYC
* Professionally Filmed/Edited HD Video in NYC
* 12 Email interviews for various online websites
* Gift Pack from Stall and Dean Clothing (Value @ $200)
* Digiwaxx Sponsored Single Blast to 61,000 DJ’s
* Song on 100 mixtapes via Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes
* Industry Alternative Sponsored Press Release Email blast to over 20,000 contacts consisting of BET, MTV, Top Blogs and publications, Licensing coordinators and other tastemakers
* Interview on coast2coast.fm in Miami
* TheMusicBlast.com Promo Package (4 submissions $200 Value)
* Bio, Audio, Video Post on Maadmanagement.com
* Interview w/ Hoodlife Movement DVD
* Much More to be announced
* 2nd and 3rd prizes TBA
Purchase tickets in advance here http://getyourbuzzupnyc.eventbrite.com
It has been reported that an Illinois man named Michael Allison who dared defy town officials and fight them in court could be sentenced to 75 years in prison. What you say, did he do to deserve 75 years in prison? Here’s the story.
Reported as follows: Michael Allison is a car enthusiast who likes to work on and restore cars. Allison had several cars on his property and his mother’s property in the neighboring town. Both towns have eyesore laws that require inoperable cars to either be registered or kept in a garage. Allison refused to get rid of the cars and could not afford to build a garage.
In January 2010 Allison appeared in court to face charges that he had violated the car ordinance. Allison had notified the courts that he would like a court reporter present during his hearing or he would record the proceedings himself.
In January 2010 Allison appeared in court before Judge Kimbara Harrell. When asked by Harrell “Is it (recording device) on?” Allison responded “yes”. The judge then notified the man that he was “violating” Harrell’s “right to privacy” and found him guilty of five counts of wiretapping. Each count has a penalty of 4 to 15 years. Prior to this Allison had sued the city of Bridgeport in 2007 arguing that the eyesore law violated his civil rights. During this time Allison also complained that he was being harassed by local police officers.
In 2010 Rocawear announced that two fresh faces from the industry, Trey Songz and Melanie Fiona, were going to be representing the clothing line. The original campaign that the duo appeared in was called the “2010 NEXT” campaign.
The clothing must have considered Trey Songz to still be a “go” as he is featured in the new ad for the Rocawear Spring 2011 Collection. Reportedly the photo shoot for the Spring line was done in Puerto Rico. Do ya thing Trey.